USA Daily News
Top US news in one place!

USA DN

Media reported that Egypt, Israel, and the US agreed on a ceasefire in southern Gaza, while Jerusalem denied the information.

post-title

On Monday, October 16, media reported that Egypt, Israel, and the US had agreed on a temporary ceasefire in the southern part of Gaza, where the Rafah crossing is located. However, Israel denied this information. Reuters reported on the agreement, citing Egyptian sources.

"Egypt, Israel, and the US have agreed on a ceasefire in the southern part of Gaza from 06:00 Greenwich Mean Time (09:00 Kiev time), which coincides with the opening of the Rafah border crossing," the statement said.

Sources reported that the ceasefire would last for several hours but did not specify its duration. They also stated that the three countries agreed that "Rafah" would be open until 14:00 GMT on Monday as an initial one-day opening.

Salamah Marouf, head of the Hamas government media office, said they had not received confirmation from the Egyptian side about the intention to open the crossing.

The US Embassy in Israel stated that the situation in Rafah would be "fluid and unpredictable, and it is unclear whether travelers will be allowed to transit through the crossing and for how long." According to the American embassy, citizens who "feel sufficiently safe" can move to the crossing point.

At the same time, as reported by The Times of Israel, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu seems to deny information that he has agreed to cease fire in southern Gaza to allow the opening of the Rafah border crossing for aid delivery to the enclave.

"So far, there is no ceasefire for delivering humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip and for the departure of foreigners," said the statement from the Israeli Prime Minister's Office.

News